Friday, July 17, 2020

Charles keeps in touch....

Charles tried to have occasional contact with the children after the adoption.  Ross writes:

"My father, Charles Crumley, kept in touch with us.  He would bring us presents.  He remembered us at Christmas and other special occasions.  I recall one time he brought me some dominos, another time a small pen knife, and still another time a small inexpensive watch.  The Denham's my foster parents, always told me about my adoption and what they knew about my parents.  They always made my father feel welcome when he came to visit."  


Virginia remembers her father visiting them for a year or so and then he disappeared out of their lives, probably to make it easier on them.   The following photo was given or sent to Virginia along with one of Edythe on the two-year anniversary of Edythe's death.

The following letter was written by Marjorie to Virginia the Christmas after the adoption.  She tells of the gifts Charles sent to the children.


No comments:

Post a Comment